Saturday, November 17, 2007

This is your toddler on drugs

In response to my "woe-is-me" post last month, my wonderful friend Jo invited me to her lovely Toronto home for a weekend of toddler-less fun. And let me tell you, it was pretty fun. We shopped in stores filled with breakables, we sat in a coffee shop and chatted about grown-up things, we ate dinner in front of the TV and we even went to a late movie (where I found the energy, I'll never know). To top it all off, I didn't roll out of bed until 10:30. It was a little slice of heaven. (Thanks again Jo and Rich!)

But as great as those blessed few hours were, I still missed my little gnome back home. I made it back just in time on Sunday night to spend a few cuddly moments with Kaylin in her rocking chair. By Monday morning, she and I had a lot of catching up to do. While I didn't think she'd care to know much about my weekend, she obviously had lots to tell me about hers. Now, in general, Kaylin talks a lot. But I have never heard her talk so much in her life! The funniest part was, very little of it made sense. I fear someone slipped something into her Rice Krispies. You be the judge. Here are a few examples of what I heard that morning:
  • "I'm a crab. Look at me shake my body!"
  • "I have a hummingbird in my nose; daddy has a dinosaur in his nose."
  • "I said hi to the moon."
  • "I see stars --red, green, blue, yellow..."
  • "I need to help the baby with scissors. Snap snap snap snap."
  • "Remember the bee, went up in the sky to get honey??" [This is Kaylin's way of referring to The Bee Movie, which she saw with B the weekend before.]
Perhaps her Krispies were clean after all. (Can't say yet, the drug test is still out at the lab.) But I like to think that our little mouse just has a very vivid imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Char you always make me smile when you describe you moments with KayKay.... It is nice to know she is still a chatterbox... lol
Hugs to everyone
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'm a little worried about the baby and scissors part… doesn't she know babies are to play with the scissors all on their own.