Friday, November 09, 2007

Noah...er, Nemo the Loot Bag

We're proud to announce the arrival of our newest family member, Nemo (a.k.a. Noah--see explanation below) the fish. Nemo was Kaylin's "loot bag," the take-home gift she received for attending her cousin Besmah's baptism. I have to say, it's the most interesting loot bag I've ever seen.

When we got home from the baptism, we asked K what she wanted to name her new fish. Well, we had a bit of communication breakdown, it seems. Kaylin is very much my daughter in that she often speaks softly and mumbles her words. And oh yeah, she's only two. So when she named her fish, I could have sworn she said "Noah." I was so pleased. What a great and original name for a fish and how smart for a two-year-old to come up with Noah! Gee my kid is great.

But as the days passed, Kaylin began correcting me when I called the fish Noah. And yet other times, she would also refer to him as Noah. Well, she straightened me out today when she exclaimed over lunch, "No mommy, that fish s'not Noah, that's Nemo!" And she was mad about it too.

I stand corrected.

5 comments:

Brian G said...

This weekend he was Noah again.

I swear the toddler is messing with our minds.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kaylin that Gaston can't wait to meet Nemo.

Brian G said...

I believe that's Gastump!

Anonymous said...

She is just tooo cute for words.... Brian, get used to her messing with your mind... She is trying to perfect her technique....lol
Hugs to everyone
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Gaston will solve all your problems when he meets Nemo...or Noah or whatever Gaston's dinner...ur, I mean, the fish's name is...

Uncle Dennis