Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

Well, no babies yet. We're down to less than 20 days till our estimated due date and all is quiet on the fetal-front. So I'm just trying to be patient and enjoy what little time I have left to shop, eat junk food, and wear a normal, non-nursing bra.

But as Kaylin will tell you, I'm not the most patient person in the world. A few weeks ago, we were in a four-car line-up at the bank drive-thru when I--obviously exasperated--exclaimed something to the effect of, "Oh, come on!"

Kaylin, in her ultimate toddler-wisdom, instructed me from the back seat on how to be more patient.
"Mom, you can't get frustrated," she told me, "you just have to wait your turn!"
So true, little person, so true.

And so, I am not getting frustrated. I am just waiting my turn to have a second baby. I promise, Kaylin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes.... So much wisdom in such a little package.
Good luck with the waiting. Wishing you a quick & painless delivery.
Sending hugs to all of you.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Debbie

Anonymous said...

So I see you got your wish - the wait wasn't long at all !!!! Congratulations :-)
Andrea

Anonymous said...

If only you knew what the next 24 hours were going to be like.

Congrats Char he is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me...LOL
Leanne