Monday, October 20, 2008

He's here!


Mere hours after the below post, Mr. Maks O'Brian made his glorious (and rapid) entry into the world. (And may I say I was extra-tired during the labour because I was up late the night before posting that, so you're welcome!) Born at 1:20 p.m. on Thursday, October 9, Maks was 20.5 inches long and weighed 7lbs 4oz.

He was in quite the hurry to get out. After 6 hours of mild early labour, things alarmingly sped up aroung 11 a.m., so I decided to call my midwife. After hearing me go through a single contraction, she agreed it was time to head in. Out of sheer luck, she was already at the hospital...which was wonderful considering she lives 40 minutes away.

Brian and I quickly made our way to the hospital where, this time, I was the one who got us lost. (That was Brian's job last time.) After meeting up with the midwife at about noon, I was shocked to discover I was already 7-8 cm dilated. She immediately called for the secondary midwife and we were off to the races. To make a short labour story even shorter, an hour of intense pain and 20 minutes of pushing later, and baby Maks was born. Brian and I couldn't have been happier. He is perfect and beautiful. The best part? We were all home enjoying dinner just 3 hours later. Pure bliss!

And what about Miss Kaylin you ask? Well, she loooooves her baby brother! Almost too much. She and I are currently battling to see who can give him the most kisses...and she might be winning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... your family just grew by two feet.... Kaylin & Maks look sooooo cute together. She looks so proud of her baby brudder. Congratulations again on the newest edition to the family. Sending hugs.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Debbie

Anonymous said...

We ran into Bri and Kay at Home Sense last weekend and man oh man it was awesome to see a beaming Kay (and Daddy) talking about the new boy in your loves. Congrats all of you!

Anonymous said...

can not wait to meet the little man and when I am over this plague (AKA brutal cold) I will be over there for my much needed baby boy snuggle time!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the world Maks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you. LOVE the photo of Kaylin and Maks - soo sweet. We're very excited about seeing you all at Christmas.
Love Brenda & gang.