Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One more month...or less?

I know, I know, it's been over a month since I updated this. But I've been busy nesting, what can I say? The countdown is on until monkey #2 arrives...less than 5 weeks till the due date! However, my midwife told me today that 37 weeks is considered full-term, so the baby's "free" to come in two more weeks.

TWO MORE WEEKS?!?!

But, but, I'm not ready! Yes, the baby's room is painted and all the furniture is set up. Yes, all the tiny sleepers and onesies are washed and put away neatly. Yes, I have several packs of diapers ready to go. Yes, I bought some new BPA-free bottles. Yes, we even bought a new stroller. Then what's the problem, you say?

To be honest, change scares the crap out of me. Naturally, things are going to change around here--and more than likely, a lot. All things considered, life with a three year old is pretty easy. Kaylin tells me when she needs something. She feeds herself (and very neatly I might add). She can put on her own shoes and socks and pants. She even fetches things for me and tells me jokes. How great is that? But this baby, this tiny helpless baby, is going to be a giant ball of need for months. Months!

And yet, I can't wait to be needed again. I love that Kaylin is so independent. I'm very proud of her and everthing she can do. I encourage her independence every chance I can. So it will be nice to have a little tiny bean who desperately needs his mommy. Yeah, that's going to entail many sleepless nights and bags under my eyes large enough to hold my groceries. But it's also going to mean teeny-weeny baby noises, itsy-bitsy toes and fingers, first smiles, first giggles, first words and first steps...first everything. I'm really excited about going through it all again. And I'm excited that Brian is going to have another male to bond with (and team-up against us girls with, as we do to him all the time) and that Kaylin is going to have a little buddy to play with and grow up with.

So, whether monkey #2 arrives in two weeks or six weeks, life is going to get pretty wonderful around here. I'm not sure how many more times I'll update this blog between now and then...but stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion to our ongoing saga here at Chez Baby Toes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better update your site as soon as possible...can't wait to hear and compare how your lives have changed with kiddo #2 :-) I wish you fast and safe delivery, and the cuttest baby toes :-)
Thinking of you ,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear everything is ready & waiting for the new arrival... Kaylin will be such a big help with her little brother... Maybe she can help Brian teach him "what do bears say"... Good luck & speedy delivery...Sending hugs to everyone.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Plus Kaylin has someone to teach the curb stomp to!

The best analogy I'v ever heard about kids is, when you add them to your life, it doesn't divide your love, it multiplies it. Which is all powerful over all the other things like worry, exhaustion, and diapers again!

Anonymous said...

A ball of need for months??? Are you on crack, try YEARS!!!!
Leslie