Thursday, February 08, 2007

Job...what job??

Brian tells me I need to post something, since it's been a week now. Alright then, let me just say this...job, what job?

It certainly didn't take me long to forget work and get back into the swing of things here at home. My last day of work was 12 days ago and I've been an official "stay-at-home mom" for 8 days. I'll admit, there have been a few moments where I've thought to myself, "What have I done? And how can Kaylin shriek so loudly?" And then there's the money, or soon to be no money. I got my last paycheck today, as well as five weeks worth of vacation paid out. Sighhh, so much money....

But who needs it! I have hours and hours of Kaylin all to myself! She is just a riot. The funniest thing has to be the pillows. I've laid out about 9 pillows on our bedroom floor. Kaylin loves to run and fling herself onto them, at full speed, falling face-first right into the middle. Makes me laugh every time.

And then there's the colours. She's starting to learn her colours; she sort-of knows blue, purple (per-po) and pink. But what's funny is that she's heard us say the phrase "what colour is this?" so many times that she now constantly points at things and asks us "colour dis? colour dis?" We can't get enough of it.

And finally, the Backyardigans. If you've seen the cartoon, the five characters spin around in a circle while singing the theme song. Now whenever Kaylin sees the show or even sees a picture of the characters, she starts spinning around and singing her own version of the theme. Too funny.

So, while it's hard when Kaylin doesn't eat her beans or screams because I won't let her eat her crayons, it is really really great to be able to spend more time with her and see the world through her per-po coloured lenses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good buddy,

I have a hankering for coffee, and would love to go downstairs with you for a cup. I really miss having you around the corner.

And your blog is wonderful.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Did you tell Brian that he could update his blog a little more often too?

Brian G said...

My blog software's been down for almost a week...stupid servers in Florida.