Monday, January 29, 2007

Welcome Emelia [or: Oh how my maternal clock ticks...]

First of all, welcome to the world Emelia Lorraine Teeter! You are so beautiful and so lucky to have such wonderful parents. We can't wait to meet you and touch your tiny baby toes.

Now, down to business. How could you do it? I was doing fine up till this point. I was happy with the way things are. And then you came along, looking oh so cute in your teeny yellow sleeper, all peaceful and pink. There you are, in your itsy bitsy pink cap. Emelia, you've got my clock a tickin' again! Just seeing you in the pictures from your parents' site brings back a flood of memories from when Kaylin was born. You've reminded me how amazing it is to give birth to such a perfect little wonder. Emelia, you're makin' me want another baby...now!

Sigh, I'm sure it will pass. First things first...must pack every article we own and move it down the 401. And then maybe I'll start thinking about a sibling for Kaylin. But I'm warning you, when we meet in the next few weeks, I don't want to hear any baby coos from you or see you flash your big, deep blue eyes at me! That's just not fair. Not fair at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't be responsible for any of what happens when you meet her as she already got herself hooked deep inside my heart. You're on you own, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

remember the sleepless nights and trying to establish breast feeding!!!!

But yes I would say she is worth every minute!!!

And yes her daddy is right... she is a keeper!

Leanne said...

I didn't realize that we can blame our maternal clock on others... I never knew that was how it worked.

Ok I blame you guys too :)


I agree she is gorgeous and I too am dying to see her
:)

Char said...

You are right Danielle....wait a second, how are you finding all this time to comment on my blog! Don't you have a newborn? Sleep when the baby sleeps...sleep when the baby sleeps!!