Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gastump saves the day and where did our babies go?

For the first time since we moved in March, Brian and I visited our old stomping grounds this weekend and had a fantastic time catching up with some family, as well as some old friends. While we really miss everyone in the Ajax/Whitby area (well, not everyone, just the people we know there), we were quickly reminded of one of the major reasons we left the area -- the traffic!

Our first stop was to Kaylin's old daycare, where we were expecting a joyful surprise reunion with her favourite former teachers Debbie and Jen. Well, Jen just happened to be sick that day and Debbie...well, Debbie no longer works there! (Debbie, were you sick of the traffic too?!) So sorry we missed you.

Next we visited our friends and former neighbours, Jay and Jill, at their beautiful new house. Brian received some helpful tips on electrical wiring while Kaylin showed Jill and I how to decorate a coffee table with rocks and candles. Then the three of us hightailed it out of there before we could help clean up the dinner dishes. Thanks for a great visit guys! Please visit us soon.

We spent the weekend at Uncle Dennis and Auntie Tina's house in Brooklin where Kaylin was reunited with her favourite fluffy cousin, Gaston the kitten (or, "Gastump" as K calls him). All I have to say is thank goodness for Gastump. Kaylin had so much fun playing with him and all his toys that she slept really, really well...and I got my first nine solid hours of sleep in months, maybe years! Yayyyy Gastump!! If I weren't allergic to you I'd kiss you all over. Thanks for being such wonderful hosts D&T. We have an opened, partially-eaten bag of "hot cereal" for you as a thank-you gift!!

Before we headed back to London we spent some time with Kaylin's "first friends," Tasha and Nika. The three girls were all born within six weeks of each other (Kaylin and Tasha were actually due on the same day) and their moms and I spent many an afternoon chatting about motherhood, celebrating baby milestones, and marvelling at how quickly our little girls were growing. It's only been eight months since we last saw Tasha and Nika, but I can't get over how grown up our little ladies have become! Let's just say each toddler has developed a mind of her own. It's was wonderful seeing all of you again and we hope we can set up another playdate in the very near future!

Here are pictures of our girls then...and now. (They're a little squirmier now)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..I just noticed that not only Nika's hair, but also mine got lighter!! :-) hee heee
Andrea

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed you.... I would have loved a visit with all of you... I would have burst into tears at the sight of Kaylin.... She is such a beautiful little soul.... Did she meet up with Taylor???? I really do miss my babies.... you can contact me at debbieasm@hotmail.com
Hugs to all
Debbie