Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Doll!

Wow, how time flies. Two years ago this morning, I was sitting in the living room of our old house, timing my contractions together with your father's help, completely unaware of how drastically our lives were about to change. I would have never guessed then that two short years later you would become the most amazing person I had ever met.

Today you are two years old! (I actually have a two year old!) I've said it before and I'll say it again, your new toddler sentences blow me away. Last night, in the bath tub, you told me you needed a towel. I don't even know if you've said the word "towel" before.

I can't even recall a time when you didn't speak in sentences...how did we communicate three months ago? How did I know that you needed or wanted anything? How quickly I forget.

Possibly better than sentences, however, is the singing. I love your singing! I could just eat you up when you sing "bicycle!" at the top of your lungs to Queen's "Bicycle Race". You've helped me get over my own fear of singing in public. Now we happily belt out tunes as we stroll through the grocery store or walk through the park.

I don't care who hears me, I'm just enjoying my duet while you'll still sing with me. One day you'll say what I used to say to my mother all the time: "Mom, don't sing!" Until then, we will sing and sing loudly!

I could go on, but I know that these wonderful times are just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to look forward to together. Happy birthday Kaylin. Even though you are two years old now, and you're more a little girl than a baby, you'll always be my "baby doll".

Love, mommy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday kaylin, our beautiful little Granddaughter. Yes indeed the sentences, from Grandma,Grandma at our house first thing in the morning to, I want to play. Hint, hint , I'm awake and want to get up. Oh you truly are a wonderful little gift created by your Mommy and Daddy. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and Kisses
Love Grandma and Grandpas

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes .... yes, she will be forever your baby :-) as Veronika will be mine ..
Again, HAPPY B-DAY Kaylin, I wish I could be there to celebrate it with you,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Little Lady....I know our babies are growing too fast. It was not so long ago that we saw Kaylin as Tasha was chilling in my tummy. I was just looking at pictures of our girls and am amazed at how the time has flown by....enjoy 2! Wishing we were there.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd birthday KK - my sweet curly-q girl. I can not wait to see you and Emelia grow up together and be the best of friends. You are a lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy like yours!

See you Saturday sweetheart - Emelia can not wait to give you one of her special slobber filled kisses :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaylin.
Next Year I will teach you swears!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday KayKay.
My wishes for you are simple. Be Happy. Kaylin you brings so much love and joy to anyone that knows you. I am sending you really big hugs.
Keeping singing Char. You bring tears to my eyes when you write about Kaylin.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I can't believe you are two. It wasn't that long ago that I first met you and you were just learning to walk.

It's been a while since I've visited the Blog and wow have you changed since I saw you. Craig and I can't wait for our visit this week.
Love,
Karen and Craig

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, little Kaylin. We hope to see you soon.

Auntie Tina & Uncle Dennis

Char said...

We're coming soon Deb! Maybe Sep or Oct. We'll definitely drop in so K can sing you some "Baa Baa Black Sheep"!