Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kaylin the fish

As part of my "keep the toddler busy and away from the TV" strategy, I signed Kaylin and myself up for weekly swimming lessons at a local pool. It's her first experience with swimming, outside of the tiny baby pool we bought for her last year.

I was worried how she would take to the pool, considering hair washing has become a major ordeal lately. But after a few minutes of whining and clinging tightly to my neck, Kaylin relaxed a bit. She even blew bubbles in the water.

Sadly, she seems to be regressing in her aquatic development. Today, during our third trip to the pool, she refused to do almost anything but cling tightly to my neck and squeal "mommmeeeeeee!" I'm not sure what happened to cause her to lose her water confidence again. Do you think it could have something to do with the time during our second week when I accidentally dunked her whole head under water? I'm not so sure.

Maybe next week will be better. Here are a few pics of Kaylin in her bathing suit, or "bay-da-soo" as she calls it. Please ignore the socks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

get it right Char it is moooommmmmeeeee-a!!!! pretty darn cute in that suit even with the socks!!!

Anonymous said...

Did Mommy wear socks in the pool too?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness..look at all the curls!!!!!!
Love the suit :-)
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Nice suit Kaylin, you mean to tell us the socks aren't part of the outfit?????
Debbie