Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A fairytale morning in Storybook Gardens


When I was a little girl, no summer was complete without a family trip to Storybook Gardens, a "theme park" here in London. Storybook isn't an amusement park by any means, it's a theme park - the theme of which is fairy tales and children's stories. It's changed a lot since I was little. The Hickory Dickory Dock clock is gone, as is the Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee cutouts (if you don't know what I'm talking about, sorry, but just trust me, they're gone). The park also seems a LOT smaller. But I guess it's me who has grown.

Anyway, I digress. Now that I live here in London, I get to visit Storybook Gardens as often as I want!! And even better, I get to take my own little girl. We had our first visit to Storybook Gardens this past Sunday. It was a beautiful day for what I'm sure is just the first of many trips to the park.

Kaylin loved chasing the ducks and peacocks around. (She's like a dog, that way.) She also liked the giant frogs. As for me, I just loved seeing my baby girl enjoy the same sights and scenes I too enjoyed as a child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so, do you know that they make the paths into skating paths in the winter? We should all go… just sayin'!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait until Emelia is old enough to enjoy this with KK. I have pictures of my sister and I in our fancy early 80's clothes on London Bridge...

Can not wait!

Brian G said...

Get that man some sun!!!