Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Poo poo" and other fine phrases

How friggin' handy is language? Kaylin now tells us when she's done a number 2! It's awesome. Not that we couldn't detect the offending delivery with our noses or help but notice what looks like a golf ball shoved down the back of her diaper, but now she comes up to us and announces in a soft whisper: "poo poo". I can't get enough of it (the speaking that is, not the poo poo.)

Other handy words and phrases recently added to her repertoire include "pee pee" (sometimes used similarly to above, but more often to name the toilet), "cole" (which means cold), and "no no no no no", which is always accompanied by a hearty shake of the head back and forth.

My favourite word of all right now is "ter-to", meaning turtle. She says a lot of her words in soft little whispers, but "ter-to" is the best. Try it - quietly whisper "ter-to" to yourself as you read this. Ter-to... ter-to... ter-to. Isn't that fantastic?!?

OK, I guess it's not as exciting for the rest of the world. But it's pretty exciting to me (not sure what that says about me).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm around to see Kay-Kay grow into the accomplished and beautiful woman that's she's certainly destined to become. Do I sound biased? Well, I am! I have to go put on my terto-neck now. It's getting cole in here.

(Save this for the record, Mommy)

Anonymous said...

It's probably not as cute when I say poo-poo, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

heeeee our baby is growing up!!!! I love the picture by the way... LOVE all those curles. With John's and my poker straight hair there is not a hope in hell for that!!!!

Brian G said...

I love the words, although my favourites right now are when she doesn't want something or doesn't want to do something and she shakes her head no, scruntches up her face, and proceeds with a string of very vehement babble. She's the best.