Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The big move

If you haven't heard our big news yet, where ya been? After many weeks of debate, Brian and I have decided to move our little family to London. We're changing our lifestyle and we couldn't be happier (ok, and scared and nervous and excited).

Basically, we want to give Kaylin a better life. As much as we love our daycare (My School is the best!), and all the wonderful things Kaylin's learned there, we want her to be home with mommy while she's still little. Moving to London gets us a smaller mortgage and a chance to pay off our debt. It also gives daddy a great new job and a shorter commute - which means we can actually eat dinner together at night. Yayy!

And for the love of god, make the ear infections stop!! We hope that less exposure to other snotty-nosed friends (Kaylin is no exception) will reduce the odds of her getting sick while she's still so young.

We also want her to be closer to her grandparents. The last thing we want is for her to turn to us when she's 20 and ask "what was meme like?" or "was grandpa like dad?" B's parents are right in London while my parents are about an hour away. Life's too short to not know your grandparents.

Of course, this move comes with a price. We're moving farther away from my sister, brother and sister-in-law, who live here in the GTA. We're going to miss the Noonies and Auntie Sweater terribly. But we figure they're younger than the grandparents and can visit us more often. I'm also leaving my job, which makes me incredibly sad. Being off for a year really gave me perspective and showed me what a great organization I work for and how wonderful my coworkers are. I also enjoyed wearing something other than jeans and t-shirts for a change. I'll have to start making more of an effort in the wardrobe department when I leave.

Well, that's the news. As soon as we sell our house, we're packing up and hitting the road. We'll see some of you more often and some of you less. But rest assured, you'll see more of Kaylin and her toes, here on this Blog. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing you're going to need to know about London, Char, is unlike Toronto, everything is not an easy 30 minute ride in the car to. :)

Anonymous said...

London? Is that, like, England? I'd 've thought house prices would be MORE expensive! Cool.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for finally sharing 'The Plan' - I was going crazy waiting to hear what it was. I'm so excited for you guys and hope this means us granola eaters get to see more of you when we're in town. Good luck!