Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Kaylin's feeling "quity"

In an attempt to be more like her daddy, Kaylin quit her first job this week. Many of you don't know this, but Kaylin was a baby model...sort of. Let me explain.

Last month, the three of us were in Toronto for a visit to the Beaches, our old neighbourhood. It was a Tuesday. Tuesdays are also the day Sutherland Models' children's division, Kamera Kids, holds its weekly open call for new models. On a whim (and since we were already in town), Brian and I decided to see what baby modelling is all about. We really didn't think anything would come of it.

Well, of the ten or so children there, Kaylin was among three selected to join the agency. We were shocked (but not really, because she really is so cute, and I'm not just saying that because she's mine...ok I am). She might have the opportunity to do catalogues, print advertising and tv commercials.

I knew then that I was going back to work in September. But we thought, hey, what the heck. Maybe she'll land a $20K Baby Gap ad and I won't have to go back to work!
Maybe she'll land a $20K Baby Gap ad and I won't have to go back to work!
Ha ha. And then I woke up.

Unfortunate
ly, the summer is the "off season" and the agency already has lots of baby girls on their roster. The Gap never called, nor did anyone else, and so I had to make a decision -- do we keep waiting around for Kaylin to get a modelling job (may never happen) and give up my job (a sure thing)? Or do we pretend it never happened and go back to our hum drum, non-modelling lives?

Hum drum won. And so, this week, Kaylin resigned from the agency. But if you hurry, you can still see her picture on their website (and not a great picture either -- see my site for those!!) -- www.kamerakids.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see it now… the Summer (er... Fall) of Kaylin. Soon, she'll be sitting on the couch in her underwears eating a brick of cheddar most of her days. Because she can.

p.s. She is pretty cute... even if I have never met her.

Char said...

Hopefully you will meet her before she turns 10! Unfortunately, it won't be this weekend. I cannot bring myself to pack up the baby, and all her millions of accessories, and drive two hours to watch Ultimate Fighting. Maybe that makes me less of a man...oh wait, I'm not a man. Oh, that explains it.

Brian will be there to represent the Garsides. Have fun without us!

Brian G said...

I can't believe that I married someone who cannot appreciate the beauty of two grown men dry humping each other through their clothes before beating each other into bloody stumps.

Anonymous said...

You don't need an agency to tell you Kaylin's the cutest baby in the GTA. She is absolutely beautiful and is going to break a lot of hearts when she's older!