Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mmmm mmm good

I just love the way Kaylin experiences the world with her mouth. Her first reaction to any object that makes its way into her hands is to immediately shove it into her gob. When you think about it, it's a bit unsanitary really. But hey, God made dirt so dirt won't hurt.

Most recently, our brilliant daughter has discovered that if she pulls hard enough, her left foot will in fact reach her mouth. How awesome is that? Not only do her wiggly toes give her tender teething gums a gentle massage but she gives herself a mini foot rub at the same time. Toes....yummmm.

Here are a few other items that Kaylin has, at one time or another, gnawed on:
  • Every toy that she's come into contact with (hers and other babies')
  • My hair
  • The remote control
  • Clean diapers
  • My glasses
  • Our fingers
  • The telephone
  • Our faces
  • My knee
  • Her own socks
  • My nose
  • Kleenex
  • My foot
  • A drinking glass
  • Washcloths
  • My elbow
  • A package of caramel-flavoured Vodka mudshots*
Aw Kaylin, you make your parents so proud!


*Note - no mudshots were ever consumed, please don't contact Children's Aid

3 comments:

Brian G said...

Please add to this list the following items:

- Our cheeks (which she likes to blow into)
- My forehead
- My "bling" (my necklace)
- The computer mouse
- An Xbox game
- Paper towels

Narrowly averted items include:
- Comics (which could have ended tragically with daddy crying)
- A "The Best of Allan Moore" TPB
- A $1.00 Binions Horseshoe chip...she is after all her father's daughter (but Binions is a dirty place where one shouldn't put chips into one's mouth until one has reached at least 21 years of age).

Abreu said...

Please add this to the list....

- her friend Tasha's hand
- dad's beer - but Char wasn't supposed to know about that

Janie said...

I just happened across your blog and really enjoyed it - great title!! I never really formed the thought, but I would have to say I am a baby toe lover too and chubby necks to nuzzle into! As a mom of three I am enjoying every toe nibbling moment too!!