Friday, January 06, 2006

I do not!

The strangest thing happened last night.

It was 4am and Kaylin was kicking her toes for her usual mid-night feeding. This is also the feeding that I normally change her "weighs 10 lbs by now" diaper. However, I needed to "change my diaper" first, if you know what I'm saying. So I gave her the pacifier...well, to pacify her while I ran to the washroom.

Next we were off to the change table, where Kaylin sleepily continued sucking the soother while I peeled back layers of Grobag and sleeper. Much to my chagrin, her sleeper was damp, signalling a leek...no, not a leek, a leak. (I can't seem to spell anymore. Don't tell my boss.) After I stared at Kaylin for a few moments pondering, "would she go back to sleep in a damp sleeper?", I made the more motherly decision to put her into something dry.

Keep in mind, it's 4am and I'm really not awake. I clumsily picked Kaylin up and took her Grobag (sleeping bag) off, then put her back down. Next I took her damp sleeper off and picker up her again so I could remove the offending clothing, then put her back down. Finally, her undershirt had also been slightly soiled, so I stripped that one off. I scooped Kaylin up one more time so I could lay a dry (and awfully cute pink striped) sleeper under her. Poor thing had been jostled around like a rag doll. And that's when it happened.

As I put her back down, she rolled towards me, put her two hands on my left arm, looked me in the eye and said through her soother, "you suck." At least that's what it sounded like.

To which I nodded my head and responded, "yes, I am aware."

No comments: