Friday, March 30, 2007

A month of London

I can't believe we've been here for a month already. The remaining unpacked boxes scattered throughout the house make it seem like we've been here for less time. And yet, it also feels like we've lived here forever. We're pretty comfortable with this new life.

You can't even call Brian's drive to work a "commute" - it's just a 10 minute drive. And the three of us have had dinner together almost every night since we moved. That's a new world record for us!

And Kaylin and I are having a great time. After being home with her for two full months now, I've finally got a good routine down. We try to get out every morning, whether to run errands, go to the park, or join a playgroup. After lunch she naps like a champ, which gives me my precious two hours a day to clean the house and continue unpacking the aforementioned boxes. The afternoon brings either playing in the house or outside. As we don't have our sod yet, this means playing in the puddles or walking down to the pond and trail at the end of our street. Kaylin enjoys saying "Hi geese!" to the geese who frequent the pond.

Today we went downtown to check out a few baby "boutiques" (I couldn't justify paying $250 for a diaper bag, so nothing was purchased) and then we chased squirrels and played with dry leaves in Victoria Park. It was tough, but someone had to do it! I'm glad it had to be me.

(Here's a picture of Kaylin in front of St. Peter's Cathedral, a beautiful church downtown.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While Funky Monkey has very nice stuff, it's also very 'spensive! But they do have those beloved ugly dolls!

Brian G said...

Another place to purchase said Ugly Dolls is All New Comics! (Coming Soon anyway).

Anonymous said...

cavseChar, Brian & KayKay
Thank you for forwarding the blog address to me. I am glad that I am alone while I browse the sites. You have made my eyes mist over numerous times. Please very KayKay a big hug from DebDeb.

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know that church, I'd believe you were in the other London. So glad to hear you guys are settling in and finding lots to keep you busy. Hope to see you again soon.