Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy birthday baby

Happy Birthday my sweet baby. You are five months old today!

I can hardly believe it - just yesterday I was rubbing my round belly dreaming of what you would be like. And now here you are, and as amazing as can be. In only five short months, you've become such a little person.

Five months ago you couldn't even hold your own noggin up to see what was happening in front of you. And now you are interested in and exploring this new world around you, grabbing everything and anything you can get your little hands on - particularly your own wiggly toes.

Five months ago you could only communicate through the most heart breaking newborn cries. And now you are giggling, babbling, whining, groaning, whispering, gasping, and squealing with delight.

Five months ago I wasn't sure when I would feel that special bond that other mothers always talked about. And now your face lights up when I enter the room and my heart sings whenever I see your gorgeous face. We are bonded.

Happy birthday my love-a-dove. I cannot wait to discover what your future holds (but please just don't grow up so fast).

Love, mommy

No comments: